MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD!
Public Meetings for Group 2 Library Renovations Underway
The Atlanta-Fulton Public Library System is currently holding public meetings
to gather community input about the renovations of a number of the libraries.
The meeting for the Northeast/Spruill Oaks Library will be
Tuesday, March 27, 2018, 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. at the library,
9560 Spruill Road, Johns Creek 30022
It is important that you attend and participate
This will be a rare chance to make known what is important to you and others regarding the library and facilities.
Perhaps you have been unaware or vaguely aware of this.
To give you an idea of some of the things that the Spruill Oaks Library
and its Friends of the Library Group would like, look at this partial list:
In General, We Need:
• Benches for the inside entryway and outside of the automatic doors.
We tell the patrons to take their calls into the foyer, but we don't offer any comfortable seating.
• Tables by the self-checkout machines
• A long row of individual side-by-side computer work stationswith charging stations at the front glass wall facing Old Alabama.
• Sound baffling all over the building. Noise control in a library is very important.
• Dependable HVAC (heating & air). • It controls humidity. • The HVAC in the Community Room is bad.
• A consistent temperature of 72° is necessary throughout the year.
• A sliding door and/or door-opening button is needed at the main room entrance.
• We need a unified Youth Services Area. The Teen Center cant be moved to the current Children's End.
In the Children's Area:
• Build a Storytime/Craft Room for 50 adults and children.
• We need a SMART board • Comfortable child-friendly & easily-cleaned vinyl furniture,
• Child-sized craft tables for 20-30 children, and • a "free-range" play area.
• Sharp edges/areas that catch fingers and limbs must be minimized
• Shelving that is easily accessible to the average six-year old or 70-year old.
• Lounge area -- locate reading areas near windows
• Have areas where 5-6 teens can work together on group projects.
• Need at least four computers for teen use.
The Friends of the Library
Keep the book sale area in the main library area by the front doors.
Make sure staff has a clear view of the area.
Need a nearby storage area for materials overflow.
The library needs WiFi that is fast and stays connected.
They were instrumental in developing the strong Friends of the Library group we have today, enabling the group to provide the funding for many library programs and items requested by the library staff – a real benefit the community.
Their leadership is greatly appreciated and they have been a role model for the Friends board.
We will certainly miss them.
Monday 10:00 A.M. - 8:00 P.M.
Tuesday 10:00 A.M. - 8:00 P.M.
Wednesday 10:00 A.M. - 6:00 P.M.
Thursday 10:00 A.M. - 6:00 P.M.
Friday 10:00 A.M. - 6:00 P.M.
Saturday 10:00 A.M. - 6:00 P.M.
Sunday 2:00 P.M. - 6:00 P.M.
JOIN THE FRIENDS!
The Friends sponsors the following programs:
* Chess Club * SAT Prep * Teen Book Club
* Summer Programs for Teens and Children * Meet the Author programs
* Habitat Garden * Poetry Group * Author-in-Residence * Writers Workshops
. . . and others
Support from our members makes it possible!
The Northeast/Spruill Oaks Library
Celebrating Eighteen Years of Excellent Library Service
1999 - 2017
The Friends Of The Library Book Nook
Please visit our new Book Nook
We have shelves and book carts where you can shop during library hours.
The Book Nook is located inside the library opposite the Circulation Desk.
There is even a special Children's Book Cart.
We accept cash and personal checks.
Change is available at the Circulation Desk.
The success of the Friends of the Library Used Book sales depends upon book donations from people like you. Please help by donating your used books. It is easy:
drop your books into one of the green plastic bins located inside the
entry way of the library next to the Community Room.
- Tax receipts are
available at the Circulation Desk.
donations to the Friends of Northeast/Spruill Oaks Library are tax deductible
to the full extent of the law.
is a great way to share your love of reading and to help fund library
programs and improvements!
Find Us on Facebook...
To cultivate a closer relationship between our community and our library.
To promote knowledge of our library services and resources.
To provide financial and volunteer assistance for special library needs and events
PLEASE HELP US TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE